ALA Best Lists
This page highlights some of the best lists that are developed by the American Library Association and its divisions.
AASL Best Websites For Teaching and Learning — honors websites, tools, and resources of exceptional value to inquiry-based teaching and learning as embodied in the American Association of School Librarians’ Standards for the 21st-Century Learner.
- Top 25 Websites for Teaching and Learning — free sites that are user friendly and encourage a community of learners to explore and discover.
- Landmark Websites for Teaching and Learning — free sites that are user-friendly and encourage a community of learners to explore and discover and provide a foundation to support 21st-century teaching and learning. These have been selected based on their exemplary histories of authoritative, dynamic content and curricular relevance.
- Best Books For Young Adults — This list compiles the current year’s books with proven or potential appeal to teens. (NOTE: This list ended in 2010. It is replaced by Best Fiction For Young Adults).
- Best Fiction For Young Adults — Fiction titles published for young adults in the past 16 months that are recommended reading for ages 12 to 18.
- Quick Picks For Reluctant Young Adult Readers — This list suggests items for recreational reading that have wide appeal to teens who, for whatever reason, do not like to read.
- Outstanding Books For The College Bound — Updated every five years, this comprehensive list provides reading recommendations to students who plan to continue their education beyond high school. The most recent list was released in 2009.
- Great Graphic Novels For Teens — This annual list offers recommended graphic novels that have teen appeal.