CA Library added over 70 new books to the collection in March. In addition to being included in the library’s catalog (see the new adds here), they were also uploaded to the CA Library collection at LibraryThing, where we can see how our collection compares to over 1 million other users’ collections.
- PAPER TOWNS by John Green (2,600) — One month before graduating from his Central Florida high school, Quentin “Q” Jacobsen basks in the predictable boringness of his life until the beautiful and exciting Margo Roth Spiegelman, Q’s neighbor and classmate, takes him on a midnight adventure and then mysteriously disappears.
- ROOM: A NOVEL by Emma Donoghue (2,571) — Five-year-old Jack has spent his life living in an 11-by-11 foot space his mother calls Room and while Jack uses his imagination to create wondrous fantasies to entertain himself, his mother dreads the day her son begins to question why they must remain in Room and tries to find a way to escape.
- THE PARTICULAR SADNESS OF LEMON CAKE: A NOVEL by Aimee Bender (986) — Rose Edelstein, on the eve of her ninth birthday, bites into her mother’s lemon-chocolate cake and is immediately aware of the hidden secrets the members of her family hold.
- MATCHED by Allie Condie (951) — Cassia has always had complete trust in the Society to make decisions for her, but when she is being paired with her ideal mate, a second face flashes on the screen, and Cassia begins to doubt the Society’s infallibility as she tries to decide which man she truly loves.
- GIRL IN TRANSLATION by Jean Kwok (506) — Ah-Kim Chang and her mother immigrate to Brooklyn, where they work for Kim’s Aunt Paula in a Chinatown clothing factory earning barely enough to keep them alive; however, Kim’s perseverance and hard work earns her a place at an elite private school where she is befriended by Annette, who helps her adjust to American culture.
- AWAKENED: A HOUSE OF NIGHT NOVEL by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast (426) — Neferet, restored to her position of High Priestess in Tulsa’s House of Night, sets out to lure Zoey back to Oklahoma and complete her plan of vengeance, but Zoey, recovering with Stark on the Isle of Skye where she is being groomed to take over for Queen Sgiach, is not so easily tempted.
- THE SCORCH TRIALS: BOOK 2 OF THE MAZE RUNNER TRILOGY by James Dashner (389) — After surviving horrific conditions in the Maze, Thomas is entrapped, along with nineteen other boys, in a scientific experiment designed to observe their responses and gather data believed to be essential for the survival of the human race.
- L.A. CANDY by Lauren Conrad (345) — When nineteen-year-old Jane Roberts is cast in a new reality show, she discovers that the fame and fortune of her new life come at a high price to herself and her friendships.
- HALO by Alexandra Adornetto (308) — When three angels are sent from heaven to protect the town of Venus Cove against the gathering forces of darkness, their mission is threatened as the youngest angel, Bethany, enrolls in high school and falls in love with another student.
- INFINITE DAYS by Rebecca Maizel (286) — At a New England boarding school, Lenah Beaudonte tries to act like a normal sixteen-year-old although she was, before a hundred-year hibernation, a centuries-old vampire queen whose bloodthirsty, abandoned coven is seeking her.
Numbers in parentheses indicate how many LibraryThing members have this book in their collection, as of 3/27/11.