Welcome to the Monday Morning Book Buzz, a preview of notable books being released this week. Some of them will be added to the Academy Library collection; if you read about a title that you would like added to the collection, let me know by either commenting on this post or by contacting me directly at the Library.
If you would like to subscribe to the CA Library Blog, click the Entries (RSS) button at the top of the menu on the right and add the link to your favorite news aggregator. You can also follow us on Facebook by visiting http://www.facebook.com/calibrary and hitting the ‘Like’ button.
This week’s releases are listed by category: Young Adult Fiction, General Fiction and Nonfiction. On-sale dates are indicated in parentheses.
Notable New Releases for the week of December 17th:
- Deadly Little Lessons (Touch Series #5) by Laurie Faria Stolarz (12/18/2012) — Finishing her junior year of high school, Camelia leaves family and boyfriend drama behind to attend a summer arts program in Rhode Island, where she must use her power of psychometry to help find a missing girl.
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (12/18/2012) — Sixteen-year-old Ruby breaks out of a government-run ‘rehabilitation camp’ for teens who acquired dangerous powers after surviving a virus that wiped out most American children. “Ruby is a strong and sympathetic heroine, and the story’s quick-paced action leads to a heartbreaking cliffhanger that will have readers eager for the next book in this planned trilogy.” — Publishers Weekly
- The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines (12/18/2012) — Sawyer, having had his heart broken after Ashton left him for his best friend, finds a fling with Ashton’s cousin, Lana, who has always been attracted to Sawyer, becoming more complicated when it turns into a game of seduction between them.
This is a particularly slow week; there are no general fiction titles of note being released this week.
- A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II by Adam Makos (12/19/2012)
- Networking Is Dead: Making Connections That Matter by Melissa G Wilson (12/18/2012)
- The Beatles, God and The Bible by Ray Comfort (12/18/2012)
- The Pointblank Directive: Three Generals and the Untold Story of the Daring Plan that Saved D-Day by L. Keeney (12/18/2012)
- Britain Begins by Barry Cunliffe (12/21/2012)
- Mae Murray: The Girl with the Bee-Stung Lips by Michael G. Ankerich (12/20/2012)
- Underwater Eden: Saving the Last Coral Wilderness on Earth by Gregory S. Stone (12/21/2012)
- Iron Man: Rudolf Berthold: Germany’s Indomitable Fighter Ace of World War I by Peter Kilduff (12/19/2012)