The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games

One of the best ways to discover books that you might want to spend some time with is to see what other people think about them. This is where booksellers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble excel — without the ability to actually let you hold the book, these sites have to give you as much information as they can to help you make the decision to buy it (or at least borrow it from your local library!)

Here are a few blurbs about Suzanne Collins’ post-apocalyptic thriller The Hunger Games:

“I was so obsessed with this book I had to take it with me out to dinner and hide it under the edge of the table so I wouldn’t have to stop reading… The Hunger Games is amazing.” — Stephenie Meyer

“[The Hunger Games is a] jarring, speed-rap of a novel that generates nearly constant suspense… I couldn’t stop reading.” — Stephen King

Some pretty solid endorsements. But what if you want to actually read a few pages, to see what all the fuss is about? No problem…Amazon and Barnes & Noble both provide the first chapter for free. Check it out…

1. Follow the link for The Hunger Games at Barnes & Noble
  2. Click the Features tab
  3. Read like crazy!

It it’s a good book (and this one is), hopefully you’ll want to seek it out!