Welcome to the Monday Morning Book Buzz. Every week we’ll take a look at some notable new books being released in the coming days.
If you would like to subscribe to the CA Library Blog, click the Entries (RSS) button at the top of the menu on the right and add the link to your favorite news aggregator. You can also follow us on Facebook by visiting http://www.facebook.com/calibrary and hitting the ‘Like’ button.
This Week’s Notable New Releases
- Black Butler, Vol. 6 by Yana Toboso — The popular graphic novel series continues with Noah’s Ark traveling circus making the rounds, bringing fun and joy to children of all ages. However, as the ringmaster’s cries fade away, a disturbing trend begins to surface in the wake of the colourful entourage.
- Burnt Mountain by Anne Rivers Siddons — From one of our most acclaimed writers comes this dramatic tale of a well-born Southern woman whose life is forever changed by the betrayal of her mother and by the man she loves. Growing up, the only place tomboy Thayer Wentworth felt at home was at her summer camp – Camp Sherwood Forest in the North Carolina Mountains. It was there that she came alive and where she met Nick Abrams, her first love…and first heartbreak.
- The Girl Is Murder by Kathryn Miller Haines — Iris Anderson is only 15, but she’s quickly mastering the art of deception in this YA novel for fans of Veronica Mars.
- Happy Birthday by Danielle Steel — In this beguiling new novel, Danielle Steel tells the story of three very different people, each of whom, on the same day, reaches a crucial turning point in life—a rite both bittersweet and full of hope, a time to blow out the candles, say goodbye to the past, and make a wish for the future.
- Justice by Karen Robards — Criminal attorney Jessica Ford has done her best to comply with the orders of the Secret Service’s unofficial witness protection program ever since she became the lone witness to the First Lady’s murder. Unfortunately, winning her first high-profile case for a prestigious Washington, D.C., law firm and landing her face all over the news is not exactly “keeping a low profile.”
- Mayhem (Mystyx Series #3) by Artist Arthur — A lot can change in a few months; Jake Palmer is living proof of that. In a short time, the once–shy loner has discovered his incredible supernatural abilities and forged a tight bond with his fellow Mystyx. What’s more—he’s fallen for his best friend, Krystal.
- Portrait of a Spy (Gabriel Allon Novel #11) by Daniel Silva — Art restorer. Assassin. Spy. Gabriel Allon has been hailed as the most compelling creation since “Ian Fleming put down his martini and invented James Bond” (Rocky Mountain News). A man with a deep appreciation for all that is beautiful, Gabriel is also an angel of vengeance, an international operative who will stop at nothing to see justice done.
- Return to Daemon Hall: Evil Roots by Andrew Nance — A year has passed since that fateful night in Daemon Hall’s house of horrors. Bestselling macabre author Ian Tremblin decides to hold another writer’s contest but this time in the safety of his own home. Flesh eaters, voodoo, a proficient sociopath, and the root of the house’s malevolence are all part of the mix. Who will get out alive?
- Ripple by Mandy Hubbard (7/21/2011) — Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. Each day she goes to school like a normal teenager, and each night she must swim, or the pain will be unbearable. She is a siren – a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths.
- Robert Ludlum’s The Bourne Dominion (Bourne Series #9) by Eric Van Lustbader — New York Times bestselling author Eric Van Lustbader presents a new story about the rogue secret agent who has lost his memory. Jason Bourne is searching for an elusive cadre of terrorists planning to destroy America’s most strategic natural resources
- Split Second (FBI Series #15) by Catherine Coulter — A serial killer is on the loose, and it’s up to FBI agents Dillon Savich and Lacey Sherlock to bring him down. They soon discover the killer has blood ties to an infamous and now long-dead monster.
- Star Wars: Choices of One by Timothy Zahn — A new Star Wars adventure, set in the time between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back and featuring the young Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia Organa, and the beloved Mara Jade.
- Swing Your Sword: Leading the Charge in Football and Life by Mike Leach — The autobiography of one of the most fascinating and successful coaches in sports today. A maverick who took an unlikely path to coaching through law school, Mike Leach talks about his unorthodox approach to coaching and the choices that have brought him success throughout his career. Leach took his Texas Tech Red Raiders to numerous bowl games, achieving the #2 slot in national rankings and being voted 2008 Coach of the Year.
- World of Warcraft: Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects by Christie Golden — Golden’s latest novelization based on the the popular MMORPG. Former Horde warchief Thrall and other accomplished shaman struggle to keep the world from tearing apart in the wake of the black Dragon Aspect Deathwing’s attack.