* * * * *
The buzz is back! Today we reboot a weekly series on the CA Library Blog — the Monday Morning Book Buzz!
Every Monday morning, we will highlight new and notable titles being released that week in Teen Fiction, General Fiction and Nonfiction. Some of them will be added to the Academy Library collection; if you read about a title that you would like added to the collection, let me know by either commenting on this post or by contacting me directly at the Library.
On-sale dates are indicated in parentheses:
- Girl Online: The First Novel by Zoella by Zoe Sugg (11/25/2014) — From YouTube sensation Zoella comes a debut coming-of-age novel that perfectly captures what it means to grow up and fall in love in today’s digital world. “Sugg’s obvious understanding of the complexities and pitfalls of the online world, coupled with her sensitivity to adolescence, make for a compelling and satisfying coming-of-age tale in the digital age.” — Booklist
- Captive (Blackcoat Rebellion Series #2) by Aimée Carter (11/25/2014) — While being forced by the Blackcoats to impersonate Lila Hart, the Prime Minister’s niece, Kitty Doe finds herself imprisoned in Elsewhere, an inescapable detention area for criminals. “This second installment in the Blackcoat Rebellion series dives further into the book’s dystopia, rounding out the imaginative future America outlined in Pawn (2013).” — Kirkus Reviews
- Misdirected by Ali Berman (11/25/2014) — When fifteen-year-old Ben moves to small-town Colorado and a Christian school, his atheism sets him apart and leads to bullying and misunderstandings, and with his brother serving in Iraq and his sister away at college Ben is on his own in the struggle to find his place without compromising who he is. “Berman tackles religious intolerance from an unexpected angle that will hit close to home for many and spark interesting discussion.” — School Library Journal
- Symbiont (Parasitology, Book 2) by Mira Grant (11/25/2014)
- Endsinger (Lotus War Series #3) by Jay Kristoff (11/25/2014)
- The Illustrated History of Guns: From First Firearms to Semiautomatic Weapons by Chuck Wills (11/25/2014)