12/3 UPDATE: Nominations are now closed. We’ll begin the voting round and announce finalists in the coming days.
From Ronnie Burt at Edublogs (original post here):
The Edublog Awards started in 2004 in response to community concerns relating to how schools, districts and educational institutions were blocking access of learner and teacher blog sites for educational purposes. The purpose of the Edublog awards is promote and demonstrate the educational values of these social media.
Working together, we create an invaluable resource of the best-of-the-best on the web!
How Does It Work?
There are 2 parts to the awards:
- Nominations – NOW through December 2nd*
- Voting – TBA
*Nominations will close at 11.59 PM EST on Wednesday, December 2nd.
How To Nominate
Nominating is easy – just complete this short nominations form!
A few tips:
- Nominate in as many categories as you want!
- Please make only one nomination per category
- You can’t nominate yourself
- Even if you know that your favorite has already been nominated, it is best to nominate them again
- Categories are competitive, and only the most nominated will make it to the voting round
- Share your nominations using twitter (#eddies15), facebook, Google+ and email
Thanks in advance to anyone who chooses to nominate the CA Library Blog for Best Library / Librarian Blog!