We just added a big stack of eBooks and audiobooks to the CA Library Sora digital reading app! Here is a list of the Top 10 audiobooks in the collection:
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart — Spending the summers on her family’s private island off the coast of Massachusetts with her cousins and a special boy named Gat, teenaged Cadence struggles to remember what happened during her fifteenth summer.
- Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas — A gang leader’s son finds his effort to go straight for the sake of his child challenged by a loved one’s brutal murder.
- Stamped: Racism, Antiracism and You by Jason Reynolds and Ibram X. Kendi — A history of racist and antiracist ideas in America, from their roots in Europe until today, adapted from National Book Award winner Stamped from the Beginning.
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo — Sixteen-year-olds Camino Rios, of the Dominican Republic, and Yahaira Rios, of New York City, are devastated to learn of their father’s death in a plane crash and stunned to learn of each other’s existence.
- Crave by Tracy Wolff — The generation who missed Twilight will be bitten by this one, a new vampire series by Tracy Wolff.
- These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong — In 1926 Shanghai, eighteen-year-old Juliette Cai, heir of the Scarlet Gang, and her first love-turned-rival Roma Montagov, leader of the White Flowers, must work together when mysterious deaths threaten their city.
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo — Xiomara Batista feels unheard and unable to hide in her Harlem neighborhood. Ever since her body grew into curves, she has learned to let her fists and her fierceness do the talking.
- Sadie by Courtney Summers — A missing girl on a journey of revenge and a Serial-like podcast following the clues she’s left behind.
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds — As Will, fifteen, sets out to avenge his brother Shawn’s fatal shooting, seven ghosts who knew Shawn board the elevator and reveal truths Will needs to know.
- On The Come Up by Angie Thomas — Sixteen-year-old Bri hopes to become a great rapper, and after her first song goes viral for all the wrong reasons, must decide whether to sell out or face eviction with her widowed mother
Explore the complete collection of new audiobooks here.
You can listen to Sora audiobooks on your Chromebook, or on your own mobile device by downloading the Sora iOS and Android apps.
And don’t forget to add the Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES and Pioneer Library System collections to your Sora account to access thousands more eBooks and audiobooks. A video showing you how to add libraries is here.