Podcastpalooza!

I am a huge fan of podcasts — with a 40-minute commute, I spend lots of time in the car, and a good podcast can make a long drive pass in no time. Some of my favorites are Lore from Grim and Mild, Stuff You Missed In History Class from iHeart Media, and Morbid: A True Crime Podcast with hosts Alaina and Ash.

One of the latest podcasts to premiere is from Teen Ink, the creative writing and visual arts magazine. The Teen Ink Podcast covers a variety of topics — family, first loves, mental health, and the pressure to be perfect. The Teen Ink Podcast gives an opportunity for these experiences and voices to be heard on a bigger level, and discussed in a supportive way.

And as you might expect from the title of this blog, I also look for bookish podcasts to listen to as well — specifically, ones that focus on the vast expanse of young adult books that are out there. Here are three YA bookish podcasts you can subscribe and listen to right now!

Hey YA! — From great new books to favorite classic reads, from news to the latest in on-screen adaptations, the Hey YA podcast is here to elevate the exciting world of young adult lit. You’ll find more than 200 episodes featuring hosts Tirzah Price and Erica Ezeifedi over at Book Riot —

YA Book Chat — Do you enjoy reading YA books? Are you dying to talk about them and hear what others think about your favorite books? Are you outside of the YA age bracket (like myself) but still enjoy them? Then this is the podcast for you! This teaser from host Leah Stuhler explains what YA Book Chat is all about —

Hazel & Katniss & Harry & Starr — A weekly podcast about young adult literature, their filmic adaptations and everything in between. In this episode from September 2022, host Joe recruits Nichole Goble for a return to Sick Lit with Justin Baldoni’s directorial debut, Five Feet Apart (2019) and its novelization by Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis —

Look for them wherever you listen to podcasts!