Teen Book Awards Recap From Hey YA!

Cover for Hey YALast week, at the American Library Association mid-winter meeting, childrens’ and young adult book honors were announced at the Youth Media Awards — see the previous post “Youth Media Awards 2023!” for YA highlights.

I was wondering how I could do a follow-up, recapping all the Young Adult winners concisely — then I realized I didn’t have to! The amazing Tirzah Price did a fantastic job doing exactly that in this Extra Credit episode of the Hey YA! Podcast from Book Riot — give it a listen!

Thanks so much to Tirzah Price for talking about all of these award-winning books for the Hey YA! Podcast from Book Riot!

Michael L. Printz AwardAll My Rage by Sabaa Tahir (Get the eBook | Get the Audiobook)

Coretta Scott King/John Steptoe New Talent AwardWe Deserve Monuments by Jas Hammands

Schneider Family Book Award — The Words We Keep by Erin Stewart (Get the eBook | Get the Audiobook)

Pura Belpré Young Adult Author AwardBurn Down, Rise Up by Vincent Tirado (Get the Audiobook)

Stonewall Young Adult Book AwardWhen the Angels Left the Old Country by Sacha Lamb

William C. Morris AwardThe Life and Crimes of Hoodie Rosen by Isaac Blum (Get the eBook | Get the Audiobook)

YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction for Young AdultsVictory. Stand! Raising My Fist For Justice by Tommie Smith, Derrick Barnes and Dawud Anyabwile (Get the eBook)

Asian/Pacific American Award For LiteratureHimawari House by Harmony Becker

Sydney Taylor Book AwardWhen The Angels Left The Old Country by Sacha Lamb